Sunday, December 9, 2007

Christmas Vacation, Anyone?

This is a simple recipe along the lines of the "Kitty Litter Cake" and the "Dirt Bucket" type desserts...


I'm sure you are all familiar with Aunt Bethany's jello mold scene from the movie. Well, you follow the directions for making the jello, but instead of adding cat food, add the cereal part of Lucky Charms Cereal. Looks just like the movie, but its edible! I'm bringing this to the in-laws on Christmas Eve, as well as my parent's on Christmas Day. I can't wait to see their reactions. (Sorry I don't have a pic, but as soon as I make one, I'll post it!)


Also, I wanted to pitch these mugs. If you love the movie like I do, these are a MUST HAVE for your egg nog punch bowl! http://www.melkmugs.com/ J is ordering me a set. Yes, we are dorks!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Jon is having a stroke over these mugs...and the turtleneck dickie that is also on the website, lol!!!

kimber said...

Hey, I'm trying to make this for a joke I was going to do it christmas by the wife said NO... I'm wanting to know about keeping the cereal part from getting soggy, is there a right time to put it in? THanks Matt