Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Haystack..err..."Beaver Dam" Cookies

Ok, these are easy no-bake cookies. I was going through my recipe box looking for some of my Christmas cookie recipes and came across this again. I haven't made these in I'd say at least 9 years, but figured they would go over well with the hubby. They've always been known to me as "Haystack" cookies....J has since renamed them "Beaver Dam" cookies. I must say, that is exactly what they look like when they are done, so they now have a new name!


"Beaver Dam" Cookies


One package semi-sweet morsels
One package butterscotch morsels
1 1/2 cups roasted peanuts
4 cups chow mein noodles (I know what you are thinking, but trust me, these cookies are good!!)


Line cookie sheet with waxed paper

Using double boiler, bring water to just a simmer in bottom boiler. In top of boiler, and add butterscotch and chocolate morsels, stir until completely melted and smooth.

Add peanuts and noodles, stirring until coated. Be careful not to break up the noodles too much!

Drop teaspoonfuls of mixture onto the waxed paper, making little "beaver dam" looking creations

Cool at room temperature for about 45 minutes until set.

No comments: